Network Operations Center
Tundra Technologies Hosting servers are housed in state of the art data centers served by two separate high-speed OC-48-capable fiber optic connections and utilize multiple Tier-1 Internet backbone providers. The facility is fitted with waterless fire-suppression systems, UPS and back-up generators, and environmental controls to ensure high-quality, uninterrupted service. The NOC is continuously monitored 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The servers are themselves are monitored closely 24/7 for signs of instability, or pending hardware and software issues, and proactive steps are taken to prevent failures, insuring you 99.9% uptime.
- Dual CPU Quad Core Intel Clovertown Processors
- 8GB FB-DIMM dual-ranked RAM
- Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) drives in Hardware RAID 10 Hot-Swap Drives and Fans protect your data in case of hard drive failure.
- Dual Gigabit Network Interfaces
- Full backups are taken monthly of the entire server.
- Weekly incremental backups are taken of the differences from the monthly backup
- Daily incremental backups are taken of the differences from the weekly backup
- In short, there are multiple backups from which to choose from in the case of file loss. We can replace either an entire account, or drill down and replace only a single file. These backup restores are offered free of charge.
- Physical security for safeguarding your site and data
The latest in camera systems monitors both interior and exterior facilities around the clock. Access is limited to authorized personnel only, and strictly enforced by electronic access cards, biometric scanning, and guards.
- Environmental control features for maximum reliability
To reduce downtime, our centers feature advanced fire suppression systems, surge suppression, specialized heat and smoke sensors, separate fire zones below the floor and above the ceiling, raised flooring for improved server environment, as well as temperature, humidity, static and airborne particle controls.
- Redundant systems to maximize your connectivity and uptime
We build in redundancy to ensure that your site is open for business. This includes Cisco routers, Layer 2 and 3 switches, our power system generator in addition to our regular grid electrical power, and our backbone. Each server is protected by our fire suppression system and multiple air conditioning systems (HVAC: Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning). In addition, we keep a supply of drives, network cards, processors, motherboards and every other piece of equipment that has even a remote chance of failure. We also use a multiple-SCSI backup cluster system for data storage and recovery.
- Unparalleled customer service support for fast problem resolution
The Network Operations Centers provide 24/7/365 monitoring of our customers' servers, network status and our connectivity to upstream backbone providers. Expert technicians identify potential issues and provide resolutions before any problems occur. With access to servers from the monitor room, support and administration personnel continually monitor systems, answer customer questions online and on the telephone and troubleshoot any problems
- Cisco-based network core
- Bandwidth from multiple Tier 1 providers including:
- Deutsche Telekom
- Redundant fiber connections
- Multiple fiber carriers
- Ample spare network capacity
- Physical & geographic provider redundancy